Project Types and 2020 Forms
All projects with Agreements Between Owner and Architect (O/A Agreements) dated August 1, 2020 or later must use 2020 Forms. Pre-2020 Forms for such projects will not be accepted.
2020 Forms may be used for any project with O/A Agreements dated earlier than August 1, 2020. Updated forms are published once a quarter, unless urgent. The O/A Agreement,
Amendment, Construction Contract and Change Order signature spaces vary depending on a project owner's type and funding. See the bottom of this
webpage for help concerning use, security and formatting of pdfs.
Plan Review Submittals
- All project types and funding: A completed B-1: Transmittal form
must be included with each submittal of plans and/or specifications. Storm damage: If the AL Division of Risk Management (DRM) is the insurer,
include the DRM claim #, if any, on B-1 transmittals.
- One hardcopy of each submittal must be sent to the DCM office, with the following exception: if an entire submittal of addenda, ASI's
or a response to a project comment letter does not include large-scale plans (larger than 11x17) and is not more than 25 pages total,
such a submittal may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, and
the DCM office will print out the submittal for DCM's onsite reviewers.
- Pdfs of all non-Schematic and non-Preliminary submittals must be included on a CD or jump drive with the hardcopy, or emailed to
email@example.com. The pdfs must include the entire
submittal such as the B-1 transmittal, drawings, any project manual, addenda or ASI narrative, COMcheck, response letter and the project
comment letter to which it is responding. A non-Schematic or non-Preliminary review can commence following DCM's receipt of pdfs and
any other required items such as a Plan Review Fee.
- Seal requirements for Final and Revised Final submittals:
- The specification cover sheet must bear the primary design professional’s seal. The seals, dates, and signatures of all engineering disciplines must appear in the project manual.
- All architectural drawings, ASDs, additional specifications, etc., must bear the architect's seal.
- All engineering drawings, ASDs, additional specifications, etc., must bear the seals, dates, and signatures of all engineering disciplines.
- Seal requirements for addenda and ASI submittals:
- All addenda and ASI’s are an integral part of the construction documents and must be submitted to DCM for review and approval upon
publication. All narratives and supplemental drawings must be sealed by the project architect as required by the Board for Registration
of Architects. Supplemental engineering drawings and/or specifications included with addenda must be sealed, signed and dated to comply
with the State of Alabama Engineers Licensure Law, Administrative Code Chapter 330-X-11-.03(2).
- Clouding of revisions helps speed reviews.
- For detailed Plan Review Submittal instructions see Manual of Procedures - Chapter 3:
Submittal Requirements & Procedures for Plan Review.
- Plan Review Fee payment information is available on the User Fees webpage.
User Fees Calculation Worksheets (see User Fees webpage for online payment options)
DCM's PDF Forms - Use, Security and Formatting
- DCM’s pdf documents work best when opened with the most recent version of the free Adobe Acrobat Reader and when opened from a user's device instead of an internet browser. First download a pdf from the DCM website
onto your computer, then open the pdf from your computer and use the document (fillable pdf fields may not work/save correctly when opened and used on an internet browser).
After entering data into fillable fields, users can perform a File>Save function onto their computers, then re-open and re-edit the document.
- As of September 1, 2020, DCM pdf Forms have been reformatted so that a user may download current forms onto their device, open a form and click into a fillable field
then concurrently select the "Control/Ctrl" and "e" keys on their keyboard which should open a Form Field Text Properties toolbox. In general, except for dedicated $ value
fields, the text of fillable fields is formattable. Note for Mac users: this function may not work in Mac Preview, but it should work if a user downloads a pdf to their device,
opens a pdf from their device with Adobe Reader, clicks into a fillable field and then concurrently selects "CMD" and "e" or "Ctrl" and "e" depending on the Mac and Reader versions.
- Users may wish to set fillable-field text before forwarding a document for signature. To "flatten" the document and disable further use of the fillable fields,
in Adobe Reader perform a File>Print function, then select Printer>Microsoft Print to PDF (or the equivalent Mac function), select Print, then on the Save PDF File As screen that may be minimized on the
taskbar: select the save location and change the document name if preferred to keep both editable and non-editable versions. As a further precaution users with pdf-editing
software may set a password to be required for edits. Please note that setting text into a flattened .pdf and setting a password is not a guarantee against edits by
other users with pdf-editing and password-stripping software.
- Most of DCM's fillable forms are password-protected in order to lock permanent text into place for legal purposes; the fillable fields of such forms are usable in Adobe Reader.
Except for "Sample" forms, DCM cannot provide fillable forms that are not password-protected. DCM recognizes that password-protection renders multiple forms resistant
to combinations into one pdf and might render them difficult to use in non-Adobe software; therefore flat non-fillable and non-password-protected pdfs
are available on the State Agency, PSCA, ACCS and K-12
project webpages for use by spec. writers in project manuals.
- The following documents no longer need to be submitted separately or stated in Special Provisions because they have
been incorporated into the updated Form B-2A Standard Articles of the Agreement and Form C-8 General Conditions to the Contract: B-2A-A Waivers of
Subrogation, C-8B Waivers of Subrogation, C-8S Supplement to the General Conditions of the Contract, Statement of Compliance with
Act 2011-535 re Alabama Immigration Law, and Statement of Compliance with Act 2016-312 re Alabama Boycott Law. Those documents are now
automatically part of Agreements and Contracts.
- 2001/2006 Forms may be used for projects with O/A Agreements dated 2001 - July 31, 2020; however, DCM strongly
encourages the use of 2020 Forms for projects with O/A Agreements dated earlier than August 1, 2020.