Construction Industry Craft Training (CICT) Program
Grantee Amendment and Reporting Forms
Apply for CICT Funding
2020 Year-End Craft Training Grant
Guidelines & Application Form - The current grant cycle application period closed on 05/31/19.
Eligible training types (see application guidelines for further details):
CICT Grant Application Writing Workshops are held in the spring; information will be posted to this webpage when Workshops are
- Craft Training that is directly tied to a specific skill or trade
- Apprenticeship Training that is focused on skills directly tied to a specific construction trade
- Task Training that is short-term and directly tied to a specific construction-related task
Eligible training providers (see application guidelines for further details):
- Alabama business "for profit"
- Alabama business "not-for-profit"
- 2-year accredited postsecondary institution recognized by the Alabama Community College System
- 4-year accredited higher education institution recognized by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Trade unions
- K-12 education entity recognized by the Alabama State Department of Education
The CICT Program is funded by fees collected monthly from municipalities and counties which issue non-residential construction building permits. The
fee is equal to $1.00 per $1,000.00 of permitted non-residential construction value. Local governments' Total Value of Permitted Non-Residential
Construction is based on construction cost estimates provided by permit applicants. CICT reports and fees must be remitted to DCM from counties
and municipalities by the 20th day of the month following issuance of permits. Administrative Code 355-10-1 clarifies
fee applicability, excluded entities, fee collection and fee calculation and payment. If total non-residential construction cost permitted for an entire
month is less than $1,000.00, the CICT fee is $0.00; a monthly report of $0.00 must still be submitted to DCM by the 20th of the following month.
- Counties and municipalities may remit monthly reports
and fees online. Electronic payments have a 3.5% transaction fee of a credit card amount or a flat $3.50 transaction fee for an e-check.
$0.00 monthly reports submitted online do not incur a processing fee.
- Counties and municipalities may also remit monthly reports and fees by mailing a check, if any, and monthly report form to the DCM office. Instructions are
on the downloadable monthly report form which automatically
calculates the fee.
- Local governments which do not issue commercial building permits must remit the
Certification of Non-Applicability form by September 30 of each year.
Creation and Mission Statement
Act 2015-308, effective October 1, 2016, and updated by
created the Construction Industry Craft Training Program to be administered by the Alabama Craft Training Board for
the purpose of funding craft training programs.
Our mission is to require those entities funded by the Alabama
Craft Training Board who train Alabama’s construction workforce to meet standards set by this Board that fulfill the demands
of the marketplace in the shortest time frame possible and equitably fund those programs from the Alabama Craft Training
Alabama Craft Training Board Members
- Gail Braswell, Chair
- Gary Savage, Vice-Chair
- Jason Goodgame
- Jerry Grissom
- Gary Nichols
- Chris Swain
- Bruce Taylor
CICT Program Executive Director
- Dr. Philip Cleveland, Interim Executive Director